The Worshipful Company of Fruiterers' Travel Award Application Form
Awards presented Triennially
• Ridley Medal - for distinguished services to fruit growing
• Lewis Award - for distinguished service to the Marketing of Fresh Fruit
• Matthew Mack Award - for distinguished achievements in education, training and innovation within the fruit growing industry
Awards presented Annually
These awards recognise outstanding contributions to the fruit sector and include:
• Fruit Culture Award – In recognition of a substantial contribution to the fruit industry through communication skills or the transfer of technology e.g. fruit manager, lecturer, advisor or consultant.
Recipients can be a soft or top fruit manager or both.
• Craftsman's Award – In recognition of conspicuous and the exercise of practical skills in fruit growing e.g. orchard craftsmanship.
• Fruiterers Under-30 Award – To a person who has made a mark in horticultural studies, made a career in the fruit industry and reached management level.
When renamed in 2017, eligibility was restricted to those under 30 years of age.
Recipients' of the Fruiterers' Medal
The Master Laurence Olins presents the Craftsman's Award 2021 to Chris Moore at the National Fruit Show 2021
The Master Laurence Olins Presents the Fruit Culture Award to Colin Bird at the National Fruit Show 2021
Master Laurence Olins presents the Under 30 Award to Jack Roberts at the Autumn Reunion Dinner 2021 held Thursday 4th November 2021 at Plaisterers' Hall, City of London
Master Laurence Olins presents the Fruiterers' Farm Management Award to Nigel Stewart at the Autumn Reunion Dinner held Thursday 4th November 2021 at Plaisterers' Hall, City of London
Robert England receives the Fruiterers' Management Award 2019 from the Master
At the National Fruit Show 2019 - The Master Cheryl Roux presented John Leppard with the Fruiterers’ Craftsman’s Award 2019.
At the National Fruit Show - The Master Cheryl Roux presented Javier Vidaurreta with the Worshipful Company of Fruiterers’ Student Prize 2019.
Mr John Breach receives The Lewis Award from the Master Cheryl Roux at the Annual Banquet 2019 - Mansion House - Picture Credit Gerald Sharp Photography
Viv Powell, who is widely known and highly regarded within the industry both in the UK and overseas, was presented with the Fruit Culture Award at the National Fruit Show Dinner on Wednesday evening by the Master, Mrs Cheryl Roux.
Richard Harrison presents his findings at the 2019 Nuffield Farming Conference, Chesford Grange, Warwick.
The Master, John Warner presents the Matthew Mack Award for 2018 to Tim Biddlecombe during the Annual Banquet at Mansion House. Picture Credit Gerald Sharp Photography
Master of the Fruiterers Company, John Warner with Jacqui Green and Alastair Brooks of sponsors Berry Gardens present the 2018 prize to Jed Naggs
The Master John Warner presenting Richard Castle with the Fruiterers' Management Award 2018 at the National Fruit Show
The Master John Warner presenting Robert Fovargue with the Fruit Culture Award 2018 at the National Fruit Show
Presented at Hadlow College, Stephan Jordan receives the Craftsman's Award 2018 from the Master John Warner
Andrew Barclay, recipient of the Under-30 Award in 2017
Master Stephen Bellamy-James presenting Student Awards 2016 at Wilkin & Sons Ltd
At the National Fruit Show - Scott Raffle was presented the Fruit Culture Award 2015 by the Master, Rupert Best
The Master Rupert Best presents Kathryn Mills with the Student Prize 2015
Nicola Harrison receiving her Nuffield pin (as a new scholar) from the Duke of Gloucester.
Trophies, Medals and Prizes
The Company promotes and rewards excellence by sponsoring a number of trophies, medals and prizes.
• The Supreme Champion Cider Cup – presented each year to the maker of the Supreme Champion Cider at the Royal Bath and West Show
• Medals are awarded at the National Fruit Show for:
o The most meritorious exhibit of dessert apples;
o The most meritorious exhibit of culinary apples;
o The most meritorious exhibit of pears
• Prizes for the Most Meritorious Exhibit are also awarded at The Kent County Show for:
The best in class for both cherries and soft fruit
• The Best Amateur Fruit Growers are recognised at the RHS Autumn Show where a Diploma is awarded for:
The best collection of apples and best collection of pears.
• The Fruiterers Cup is awarded to:
The best in-show marmalade at the International Marmalade Festival
The Worshipful Company of FruiterersTravel Award application
The Company’s Arms have been the same since 1476, although they were re-confirmed by Letters Patent from the College of Arms in 1979.