Awards presented Triennially
• Ridley Medal - for distinguished services to fruit growing
• Lewis Award - for distinguished service to the Marketing of Fresh Fruit
• Matthew Mack Award - for distinguished achievements in education, training and innovation within the fruit growing industry
Awards presented Annually
These awards recognise outstanding contributions to the fruit sector and include:
• Fruit Culture Award – In recognition of a substantial contribution to the fruit industry through communication skills or the transfer of technology e.g. fruit manager, lecturer, advisor or consultant.
• Fruiterers Management Award – In recognition of the progressive and innovative skills of the ever increasing number of good managers working within the fruit industry.
Recipients can be a soft or top fruit manager or both.
• Craftsman Award – In recognition of conspicuous and the exercise of practical skills in fruit growing e.g. orchard craftsmanship.
• Fruiterers Under-30 Award – To a person who has made a mark in horticultural studies, made a career in the fruit industry and reached management level.
When renamed in 2017, eligibility was restricted to those under 30 years of age.
The Master John Warner presenting Robert Fovargue with the Fruit Culture Award 2018 at the National Fruit Show
The Master John Warner presenting Richard Castle with the Fruiterers' Management Award 2018 at the National Fruit Show
Master of the Fruiterers Company, John Warner with Jacqui Green and Alastair Brooks of sponsors Berry Gardens present the 2018 prize to Jed Naggs
The Master, John Warner presents the Matthew Mack Award for 2018 to Tim Biddlecombe during the Annual Banquet at Mansion House. Picture Credit Gerald Sharp Photography
Andrew Barclay, recipient of the Under-30 Award in 2017
Master Stephen Bellamy-James presenting Student Awards 2016 at Wilkin & Sons Ltd
The Master Rupert Best presents Kathryn Mills with the Student Prize 2015
At the National Fruit Show - Scott Raffle was presented the Fruit Culture Award 2015 by the Master, Rupert Best
Liveryman Graham Collier together with recipients of the Students Award 2014 meet Alision Capper and visit the Orchards at Stocks Farm, Worcestershire
Trophies, Medals and Prizes
The Company promotes and rewards excellence by sponsoring a number of trophies, medals and prizes.
• The Supreme Champion Cider Cup – presented each year to the maker of the Supreme Champion Cider at the Royal Bath and West Show
• Medals are awarded at the National Fruit Show for:
o The most meritorious exhibit of dessert apples;
o The most meritorious exhibit of culinary apples;
o The most meritorious exhibit of pears
• Prizes for the Most Meritorious Exhibit are also awarded at The Kent County Show for:
The best in class for both cherries and soft fruit
• The Best Amateur Fruit Growers are recognised at the RHS Autumn Show where a Diploma is awarded for:
The best collection of apples and best collection of pears.
• The Fruiterers Cup is awarded to:
The best in-show marmalade at the International Marmalade Festival
• The Company is also a sponsor of the Orchard Pavilion at the Malvern Autumn Show
And presents the prize to the maker of the winning People’s Choice Perry.