PM Will Sibley receiving the Master’s Medal
The Awards Council: Awards
The Worshipful Company of Fruiterers makes the following triennial awards in rotation at the Company’s Annual Banquet:
- The Ridley Medal for distinguished service to Fruit Growing.
- The Matthew Mack Award for Distinguished Achievements in Training within the Fruit Industry.
- The Lewis Award for distinguished Service to the Marketing of Fresh Fruit.
In addition the following annual awards may be made:
- Master’s Medal for exceptional service to the fruit industry.
- Fruit Culture Award to recognise someone who has made a substantial contribution to the fruit industry through communicating skills or communication (the transfer of technology).
- Fruiterers Management Award to recognise the progressive and innovative skills of a good manager currently working within the fruit growing industry.
- Craftsman Award to recognise conspicuous craftsmanship or exercise of practical skills in fruit growing.
- Supreme Champion Cider Cup The Company presents each year the Challenge Cup for the Supreme Champion Cider at the Bath and West Show.
- Most Meritorious Exhibit Prizes are awarded at the Kent County Show for the best in class for both cherries and soft fruit and at the National Fruit Show for the best exhibit of dessert and culinary apples and the best exhibit of pears.
- Best Amateur Grower fruit growers are recognised by the Company’s support of the RHS Autumn Show, where a Diploma is awarded for the best collection of apples and best collection of pears.
Additionally, the Company from time to time supports Nuffield Scholarswww.nuffieldscholar.org , Industry Travel Bursaries and the Master may present his own Award for Meritorious Achievement.