- Honorary Assistants’ Dinner – HQS Wellington – Thursday 13th April 2017
- Lord Mayor’s Big Curry Lunch – Guildhall – Thursday 6th April 2017
- United Guilds Service – St Paul’s Cathedral, Friday 31st March 2017
- Fresh Produce Journal – March 2017
- The Fruiterers’ Conference Thursday 16th March – 1 Great George St
The Master & Wardens Dinner was again held this year in the Barber-Surgeons’ Hall in the Barbican. At the preceding Court Meeting a new Apprentice was indentured to the Company, a new Freeman was welcomed to the Company and a new Liveryman was clothed. Also the retiring Clerk Lionel French was made an Honorary Liveryman and the new Clerk, Philip Brown, was formally appointed.
At the dinner The Fruiterers’ Management Award was presented to Mark Holden and a presentation of a token of appreciation on behalf of the Company was made to the retiring Clerk to honour and thank him and his wife, Ann, for their work during the past 20 years.
The principal Speaker was Dr Erik Jensen, a retired Under-Secretary General of the United Nations who regaled us with tales of, among other aspects of his career, living with the head hunters of the Iban Dayak tribe in Borneo.