- Honorary Assistants’ Dinner – HQS Wellington – Thursday 13th April 2017
- Lord Mayor’s Big Curry Lunch – Guildhall – Thursday 6th April 2017
- United Guilds Service – St Paul’s Cathedral, Friday 31st March 2017
- Fresh Produce Journal – March 2017
- The Fruiterers’ Conference Thursday 16th March – 1 Great George St
The venue for this year’s Honorary Assistants’ Dinner was HQS Wellington.
The Clerk kindly provided the following background information:
The purpose of this annual dinner is to allow incoming Honorary Assistants (who take up their duties at the Audit Court in May) to meet the existing incumbents to get a better idea of what the rôle entails and then to float (after all they were on the Thames) any concerns they may have and raise questions about the Company, from the way it is run to its finances, and anything in between.
After a welcome drink on the Quarterdeck everyone adjourned to the Court Room for Dinner
Following Dinner the floor was thrown open to the Honorary Assistants to raise any issues that they consider should be aired with the Master, Wardens and Past Masters. It is always stimulating for the Officers and members of the Master’s Committee to hear opinions from those nearer the members of the Livery – it is far too easy for those who are in positions of authority to loose touch so these meetings are vital to bring them back down to earth, even if they were all on a River!