- Honorary Assistants’ Dinner – HQS Wellington – Thursday 13th April 2017
- Lord Mayor’s Big Curry Lunch – Guildhall – Thursday 6th April 2017
- United Guilds Service – St Paul’s Cathedral, Friday 31st March 2017
- Fresh Produce Journal – March 2017
- The Fruiterers’ Conference Thursday 16th March – 1 Great George St
As is traditional, Liverymen were summoned to Guildhall to elect two Sheriffs to serve for the coming year.
This year there were, unusually, two Aldermanic candidates for the two vacant places, Alderman Peter Estlin and Alderman William Russell. Normally there is one Aldermanic Sheriff and one non-Aldermanic Sheriff.
Also elected were candidates for the posts of Bridgemasters, Aleconners and Auditors, all ancient posts that are still relevant today.
After the election some 20 Fruiterers and their guests had an excellent lunch at the recently refurbished Farmers’ and Fletchers’ Hall.
After their own lunch the Lord Mayor and current Sheriffs return to witness the Flag Raising ceremony to celebrate Armed Forces Day.
Combined Cadet Forces from the City Schools joined regular forces to salute the Armed Forces Flag being raised above Guildhall in the presence of The Lord Mayor and to the music of the Band of the Coldstream Guards.