The Worshipful Company of Fruiterers
We are a progressive City Livery Company that has been actively supporting the City of London and the fruit industry since the thirteenth century. Today over half of the family of our membership is actively engaged in the fruit industry, while the other half is drawn from a wide range of professions and occupations operating in the City and wider community. Our aim is to continue to be an influential fellowship, promoting the interests of the fruit industry, the Lord Mayor and the City of London Corporation building upon its ancient heritage and traditions.
Our key objectives are
- To promote excellence across all sectors of the fruit industry
- To support education and research within the fruit industry
- To support the Lord Mayor and the City of London Corporation
- To be active in raising funds for charity
- To foster, within the Livery, a spirit of good fellowship
The programme of planting fruit trees in prominent and important gardens and locations has been continuing since 1981. The locations that have received trees can be found on the attached.